Putting Your Steam Cleaner To Work
We will see in this page how to put your steam cleaner to work . Firstly there are two sorts of steam cleaner: cool or dry. Steam cleaners are effective cleaning devices that can remove dust mites, germs, mold, and fungus. Even if they can be used to clean different type of surfaces and things it is important to check your machine’s rules before experimenting with on another surface.
Steam cleaners can definitely be used to clean almost every surface in your homes. Indeed they are way lot of advantages than disadvantages in steam cleaning that will get you wondering why you haven’t included it to your housekeeping routine. Listed and Summarized below are different ways you can use steam cleaners to clean your home:
Reasons To Use Steam Cleaners
There are several reasons why steam cleaning might be good for you to use in your home:
- Steam cleaning is eco-friendly – no chemicals are included.
- It uses heat to sterilize or disinfect almost all household unit surfaces.
- Steam evaporates rapidly, so surfaces dry faster than when cleaned with water.
- Also steam cleaning is magnificent for those hard-to-clean cracks and fissure.
- Steam can dissolve hard-to-remove substances like ground-in wax, glue, and chewing gum.
Things To Keep In Mind When Steam Cleaning
Steam cleaning is not always a perfect solution to your cleaning needs. Here are some things you need to remember when steam cleaning:
It is important to know that, Steam cleaning is not always an ideal solution for your cleaning needs. Here are a few things you have to remember when steam cleaning:
- Steam cleaned surfaces will at present be wiped with a fabric – the steam can only make the dirt lesser but can remove it entirely.
- Wear defensive clothes and goggles when using a steam cleaner.
- If steam comes in contact with skin, it can cause burns which will lead to pain.
- Some task is much faster when done using your hand – think before you use the steam cleaner.
- Make sure to follow the directions being giving to you when using a steam cleaner.
Types of Steam Cleaning Machines
There are two types of steam cleaners on the market that you can use for steam cleaning:
- Cool steam cleaning machine (handheld or upright) makes steam without boiling the water. The steam contains more water.
- Dry steam cleaning machine (handheld or upright) makes steam from boiling water. The steam contains less water but is very hot.Dry steam cleaners are the best and productive of the two, yet not all machines are equivalent: handheld models are not as capable as upright machines and may be refilled with water frequently. Be that as it may, they are more moderate and regularly cordless.
What Can You Steam Clean?
Most household surfaces can benefit steam cleaning, but you ought to dependably focus on the material you’re cleaning and consider how it will respond to coordinate water and heat. Always test a small area of the surface first to see how it will react to the procedure. You can put your steam cleaner to work in various ways:
Upholstery, Mattresses, Curtains, and Carpets
- Steam kills dust mites and removes stains from these surfaces.
- Use a dry steam cleaning machine and an upholstery attachment for these surfaces.
- For carpets, you should use a steam cleaner only for spot cleaning – use a carpet cleaning machine for large surfaces.
- Test an inconspicuous area first to make sure the material you are cleaning is colour-fast.
- Always keep the machine moving so you don’t soak the fabric.
Floors, Tiles, And Ceramic And Metal Fixtures
- Hot steam kills germs, mould, and fungus.
- Steam is good for cleaning grout (but not epoxy or caulking).
- Hot Steam should not be used on porous floor surfaces such as concrete, paving stones, limestone, marble, or unsealed hardwood.
- Use a dry steam cleaning machine and a floor attachment for these areas.
- Keep the machine moving and avoid pressure in one area for too long.
Glass And Mirrors
- Using steam to clean glass and mirrors helps you avoid streaks.
- Use a dry steam cleaning machine and a window attachment.
- Lay a towel below the surface you’re cleaning to catch any drips.
- Drag from the top to the bottom in stripes.
- Handheld dry steam cleaners can sanitise rubbish bins, cutting boards, and work surfaces.
- You can also use a handheld dry steam cleaner to clean the fridge and defrost the freezer.
You can steam clean other items in your home, as well, including the following. Be sure to follow the directions on the steam cleaner for advice on how to clean these items.
- Filters and grills (air-conditioning, cooker hood, barbecue)
- Lawn mower
- Car interiors
- Golf clubs
- Pet beds, cages, and litter boxes
- Children’s toys and baby changing areas
Items To Avoid When Steam Cleaning
- Some items should not be cleaned with steam, including the following:
- Paper and cardboard products.
- Delicate fabrics like silk.
- Walls and anything covered in water-based paint.